Our SENDCo is Mrs Zoe Goodger.
At Badby School, we strive to ensure that we meet the needs of all pupils with Special Educational Needs and that regardless of their specific needs, all of our children make the best possible progress in school.
All teachers place each child at the very heart of all they do. We assess and gather information about each child in many different ways. If we have concerns about your child's progress, you will be invited to meet with the class teacher and/or SENDCo as necessary, to:
- Listen to any concerns you may have.
- Share our concerns.
- Plan any additional support your child may need.
- Discuss with you any referrals to outside professional.
Equally, if you have concerns about your child, we would welcome early contact from you and, again, a meeting would be set up with relevant staff in school. The SENDCo will provide support for your child by regularly discussing your child’s needs with the class teacher. They will provide support for you and keep you fully informed of any referrals made to professionals and the outcome of those referrals.
- The Children and Families Bill is now law from September 2014. From this date, Local Authorities and schools are required to publish and keep under review information about services they expect to be available for the children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) aged 0-25. This is the ‘Local Offer’.
- The intention of the Local Offer is to improve choice and transparency for families. It will also be an important resource for parents in understanding the range of services and provision in the local area.
- Click on the link to be transferred to Northamptonshire County Council: Local Offer Portal.
Click here to access our Inclusion Policy.
Click here to open an information powerpoint about SEND at Badby School - you will need to download the powerpoint in order to access the links contained within it.